Monday, September 17, 2007

Sunday...Sunday...where have you gone??

After I signed off yesterday, hubby and I started to put together the corner desk. Had a couple of "opps...that's on backwards" but, for the most part it went pretty smoothly. We had two screws left, and when I realized where they were supposed to go, there was no way we were going to dismantle to get to that point. It will be fine without them.

Jazzy's mom wasn't able to come for sushi with me. Jazzy officially became a woman yesterday morning - and was terribly distraught over it. Poor thing thinks she a freak or something. So, the A-man and I went off for a very yummy lunch. He's never had a sushi boat before - and the place I like will often give you little 'chef's specials' as you are waiting for your meal, and yesterday was no exception! He was so thrilled with the whole afternoon. Well, until I made him come to the grocery store with me. Actually, he didn't mind that either, I don't think.

While we went out to have our lunch and get the groceries, I left hubby in charge of making sure S finished his project. Answer the final section, finish the parent interview, and then print everything. I love the man dearly, but I must say, I don't think he really GETS the fact that with our sons, you have to BE there completely, and you have to push them, or they will do the minimal necessary! It wasn't done.

I did some stuff around the house, then answered the final questions for the Parent Interview - apparently Daddy wasn't qualified to answer these. lol... No, I had started the interview, and S thought I should finish them.

One thing hubby did that I thought was great was installed a program called "Print Anywhere." This will us to print from upstairs to either my printer or his printer down in the basement! (Sometimes it is very handy to be married to a techno-geek.) While I was getting the final stages of dinner finished, I had S use his memory stick to transfer his information from his school laptop to our home laptop, and then send all of the information off for printing. He needed to finish his collage - which he did. We sent it off to be printed, and the next thing I knew, the page was white, and nothing was happening.

When we finally got the system all shut down, our laptop was no longer recognizing S's memory stick. THE SCHOOL BOARD'S MEMORY STICK. (!!) (I was getting a little worried.) We had dinner, then hubby went back to trying to recover the modified collage, but it was lost. The entire file on the memory stick was corrupt. S was beside himself because he had spent so much time making the changes to it, and now he was going to have to do it all again! I was relieved that the school laptop still recognized the memory stick - at least it didn't fry the whole thing. I helped S with his collage modifications (again) and then he just took the whole thing right down to the printer rather than trying to send it through the 'airwaves.' The entire project was finished - he put the title page together and bundled it all up in to a nice neat duo-tang. I could tell he was very pleased with the finished product. The one good thing - he has been using the laptop a lot more, and it is 'training' itself as he uses it, and it is recognizing his voice a lot better than it did 2 weeks ago.

While his Dad was fixing the computer issues, S did a bit of studying for a math test today - he knows that information without a blip. Just so long as the EA is around to read the questions to him, he should be fine. Well, not really read them TO him - just provide help with reading it, if necessary.

So far I like this school year WAY better than the past! Let's just hope I'm not jinxing it by actually saying that.

1 comment:

SIG said...

Woah, woah!!! Congrats! So you managed to have your sushi lunch after all. When you coming here for a holiday? ;) Sushi is oh so cheap here we have it very often, princess and I, like once a week or once in 2 weeks. The service staff are very familiar with us where we go. Oh, my hubby is also a techno geek. Hehe