Thursday, September 13, 2007

Random thoughts

I was a very negligent mother last night - didn't enforce the whole homework issue at all. I was just too darn tired. Didn't sleep well - thinking about what our friend's son must have been going through just before he succeeded. My heart is breaking for them, and although S was not successful two years ago, I have a very small idea of the inner turmoil they must be experiencing. No, that is not true. I have no idea what it is like to lose a child in such a sad, sad way. So, I didn't sleep well, and by the time I got home from work, my energy was spent.

When I got home last night, I pulled together a meal for the three of us - seems like hubby is ALWAYS on afternoon shift - and I made two extra casseroles to take to the family. The boys and I delivered the casseroles, took a quick stop at another friend's house, then came home, had a hot tub, and sent them off to bed. The A-man said he didn't have any homework, and although I did ask him if it was true no homework, or the 'no homework' story like the night before, I believed him. S has his project to finish, but it is due on Monday, and we have the duration of the weekend to help him pull the final parts together. I cancelled my participation in the golf tournament on Saturday to enable me to go to the funeral.

My house (kitchen especially) looks like a bomb has hit. We are puppy sitting for a relative - and this guy is a long haired dog - WHITE long hair. Vacuum will be getting a work out tonight. So glad we have all wood floors - couldn't imagine what this long white hair would have done to the carpets! Tonight, I will tackle laundry and a bit of housework. Both boys will be expected to help. Guess I will see how much energy I have when today's work day ends.

The first of our "help wanted" ads ran in the newspapers yesterday. There is to be a job fair pull out section in a few major papers this weekend, and we placed ads in there, as well. I have never had to interview for an assistant before - should be quite the experience. The job posting I put together indicated to submit resumes before Sept 24, so I will be curious to see how many we get. Boss figures we will get about 60. Also put out an ad for a new salesperson. We are so swamped at work right now, and last night as I was leaving, Boss asked me when I was planning on taking my Fam trip to Mississippi! Yeah, because I have time to leave the office right now!! I told him maybe in October.

I have found two blogs that I have started to follow. One is this amazing woman that lives in Singapore. The majority of her blog is about what she does with her daughter, and what sorts of meals she prepares. She includes photos of the finished dishes. All I can say is "Wow" - I wish I could prepare a meal to look like that. My kids would think we were having company! The other blog is a young girl's blog. She looks to be about 20, and it would appear she is quite taken with herself. I will follow her story for a wee bit of time, I think.

Anyway, the work day beckons - yet again.

3 comments:

SIG said...

Thanks so much Jori, for writing about me in your blog. Just wondering how you came across it. Also, like you, I wasn't sure if others read it too, but the www is a great big place. You are a wonderfully great mum from what I have read in your entire blog, and do keep up the good work. I'm also kind of a 'blog virgin' as I only started blogging a month before you did, but I've learnt loads. Show us some of your fun times too, ok?

Jori said...

I came across your blog simply by clicking on the "next blog" section here on blogger. Sometimes it's a hit or miss as to what you will find. Your page just caught my eye. I think it was the beautiful baby picutre, to be honest!
After I read a few of your posts, I added your blog to my favourites because I thought it was all so facinating! I'm sure it was very strange for you to have come across my comment...I know it threw me for a loop when I had a total stranger make a comment on my blog. (Sort of makes you want to make sure all grammar is correct, doesn't it?)
I loved my time as a stay at home mom - sounds to me like you do, as well. Your daughter is a very lucky girl.

SIG said...

Oh ok, don't know what that next blog thing is about. Don't even know where to find it haha. But thank you for visiting and great to meet you. Of course I expect loads of people to read it but no one ever comments *sob sob* except one or two friends. I know of some other friends who visit too but never comment. So it was nice to have a total stranger leave something and say you have been following my posts. It compels me to write every day. Hehe. Come visit often. ;) Yes, I do very much enjoy staying home. To tell the truth I hate to work! Argh! All the politics and having to be 'fake'. Thank you very much. I'd rather invest my time in taking good care of my precious one. Hehe. The pic is cute, right?