Friday, September 14, 2007

Mommy rant

There are some mornings that I truly believe I have raised two of the laziest, most selfish children on the earth!

This morning it appeared that I was being totally unreasonable by asking my 14 year old to actually brush his hair before he went to school. I know. How on earth can these poor children function with such an unreasonable parent? I mean, it was all wet from the shower and everything - why would anyone want to actually comb a rats nest? And then, just to add more fuel to the fire, I had the audacity to make sure he brushed his teeth! Just because we have paid some $5,000 for orthodontia, you would think I owned the teeth or something...

Then, life was totally annoying because I actually made sure his uniforms were cleaned last night, but I left them hanging on the drying rack over night, and he actually had to go down to the basement to GET one! It is amazing this poor child has even made it to 14. Life is just so unfair to him. Poor kid.

It must be me - because while I am putting up with this nonsense from the A-man, I also have S behaving like a total ass. First he wouldn't get out of bed - that took almost 10 minutes. Then, he is refusing the lunch I will make him because it is on bread, and not a wrap. And, like his brother, had to go downstairs to get his clean clothes! But, since they had been moved from where I had put them last night, he proceeds to spend 10 minutes downstairs doing God knows what. I call him, and he tells me they aren't there. I go down, and the clothes were about 5 feet to the left of where I told him they were. Again, how these children have managed to live this long with such an inept parent is just mind-boggling. Obviously I am being unreasonable here, right? I mean, it's not like they have to be ready at a certain time of day or anything, correct? Because, if they miss the bus, it's no big deal - Mom has nothing better to do that drive completely out of her way to take them to school. Geesh, what is the big deal?

Truly, my heart is breaking for them. They have to do chores around the house, they are expected to do their schoolwork, they have to be ready on time for their buses, and sometimes, just to be really mean, I make them clean up their TV room. (Yeah, as a child did you have your own TV room? If you did, wouldn't you have made sure it was spotless??) Seriously, it is truly amazing that they can make it day to day in this house.

GGRRRRRGGRRRRGGGG

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

you crack me up!