Wednesday, September 19, 2007

Feeling frantic

Last night, after both boys were in bed, I suddenly had an overwhelming feeling of "I have WAY too much to do..."

Why do we do these sorts of things to ourselves? We rush and rush and get our fingers into so many pies...and then we are just exhausted at the end of it all. The worst is when you just do not see any end to the craziness - or when you do, and it's months down the road.

Case in point - a friend asked me to keep Nov 24 open for something. I thought about it for a moment, and said, "No can do - already busy the whole weekend." It is the middle of September! But, here I am, able to know what I have going on for the next three weekends, then nothing for a couple, then busy for a few... oh, and add in the whole job thing, kid's appointments and schedules... Ahhh....

Doing my first interview for an assistant this afternoon. This particular one looks very good on her resume, too. Will be doing three more tomorrow, then in to meetings all afternoon and in to the evening, then doing a couple more on Friday. Hopefully we will be able to find a good candidate. Actually, I have received even a few more resumes since I started setting up interviews, so we will have a good selection, I think.

Boys were pretty good getting out of the house this morning. The A-man was a little pokey, and didn't get his shower in, but if that is the worst to happen, that's not so bad. I am feeling a little bad for not seeing the signs last Friday. Both boys have come down with colds. The A-man doesn't typically get sick, but S seems to come down with a cold at least 2 or 3 times a year. And, typically, he is just cranky, irritable, and just 'bad' for a day or two before the illness hits. When he was younger, we could always tell he was getting sick. I guess I didn't pick up on the signs last week...maybe because his brother was doing it, also...and maybe because I was coping with a three day migraine... who knows?

Here is hoping my 'mommy rant' of last week won't be repeated anytime soon!

No comments: