Wednesday, September 26, 2007

Sharing his journal

Did you notice the new picture I have put up here on my blog? Its a number of years old, but I have always liked that one...

I had nothing to do with any homework last night - still wasn't feeling well. Much better this morning...it's amazing what a massage can do for you. I am going to post two excerpts from the A-man's drama journal (95%!!) just so you can get a feel for who he is. (I have corrected spelling, however)

Who am I?
I am the kind of person that is great to have as a friend. I'm very funny and easy-going. My dreams for the future are to be a world famous chef that can cook food fit for a god. My passions would probably have to be playing video games, reading (once I start to read a good book I can't stop thinking about it), camping out in the wild all by myself and practicing my swordplay skills (sword fighting). I hope that in the future they will have discovered a cure for TS (Tourette Syndrome).

What did I like this week about drama class?
I really like my drama class. It is so much fun. I liked how we did the tableauxs and also the ice-breaker games and also how we had to make up our own games. I also really like (teacher), she is very fair and fun. She also gives good explanations. She is very nice and helped the class make friends by having us play the ice breaker games. Now I know almost all of the names of the people in the class thanks to the ice breaker games; but in all of my other classes, I know only about the names of five people, and that's because I went to school with them. Here in drama though, I first came here and I knew about two people, then in the second week my cousin came so I knew three people. So if we didn't play those ice breaker games I would barely know anybody.
I really like this school too. In my old school all of the teachers were pretty, for lack of a better word, dumb. They would get me in trouble for stuff that I didn't do, waste money on the staff room and then make the students make a soccer net out of rusty old pipes. They would even kick you off the bus for using self-defence. So I am really, really, REALLY happy to leave that school.
I also like it here because we get to have a small bit of down time between classes. We also have responsibility to do our work, and that I like because we were bugged every 10 minutes to do our work but now we can choose when we do it.

written by the A-man, aged 14

And that is two of the four journal entries that he made. May not seem like much to you, but that is a lot of writing for that boy.

2 comments:

SIG said...

That's wonderful that he fits in nicely in. Congrats.

Anonymous said...

Wow! I am really impressed with A-mans writing and the way he expesses himself so well. Very very impressed. He really is such a smart guy and I hope his highschool teachers get a chance to get to know him. This is a great fresh start for him. I am so happy he is in Drama. That was one of my very favourite classes.

And I love the picture. They are soooo handsome!

Love your blog... love you
xox bear