Sunday, September 16, 2007

More randoms...

Hubby had taken the A-man off to do his "Safe Boaters" course this morning, and after about 45 minutes, they were back home! When I took it, I was there for 3 hours... Turns out the A-man was the only student that showed up, and the volunteer that arrived wasn't able to find the tests for him to take, so they are both back home without him getting to do it. The thing that is a bit of bummer is that he could have been going Gliding with Air Cadets this afternoon, and he opted to not go so that he could do the boating course. Oh well - what can you do?

I'm trying to talk my friend - Jazzy's mother - in to going for a sushi lunch with me. I have been having a craving for days. I think it started by reading my "Singapore Connection's" blog, actually. It sounds like she just has the most amazing meals there. I wish I was able to travel in Europe and Asia. My taste buds CRAVE that!! My mom is always wondering where (and how) I developed such a taste for the "unusual", as she calls it. I was pretty much raised on meat and potatoes. And canned veggies. Yeck. Still, to this day, I can not believe that she made us eat that! My brother arbores potatoes, and will do anything he can to avoid eating them. He was, however, guilty of still using canned veggies, but when he met his new wife, she told him he was no longer allowed to feed that crap to my niece!

Hubby and I bought a new corner desk for the dining room. This is the area where the boys do their homework, and we are going to set the laptop up there. Major work will still need to be taken downstairs to my office for printing, but if we have a computer station on the main floor, I think I will still be able to assist them with homework while making dinner and doing other tasks around the house. I think we will be putting it together soon.

I love the weekends. Especially the weekends when we don't have a whole lot of plans. Here it is, 10:35, and I am still in my bathrobe! Lazy sod, huh? I will be getting dressed soon, I guess, and then I will have to go grocery shopping, help the boys finish their homework, and work on the mountain of laundry that has accumulated! It's a never ending pile, I tell ya!

S did some work on his project yesterday. Made his "personal crest." These sorts of projects should really make the teacher aware of how the child feels about himself, and their surroundings. I wonder if they actually pay attention to it? I will be curious to see if the teacher comments on it during our team meeting. We'll see.

I would like to get both boys' School Record's Binders up to date, but I have so much other paperwork to catch up on. Yes, I did a seminar on the importance of a Record's Binder for the ADHD group, and I'm behind on mine! So bad. I've got a bunch of things to finalize for the group's membership drive - and a meeting for that on Wednesday night. Then there is my Dad's GST information that needs to be completed...my office (both here at at work) needs to be overhauled... and what am I doing? Typing my blog! lol - I have my priorities in the right place, wouldn't you say?

Okay, I have now guilted myself in to getting my hinney in to motion. Well, that and the fact that the A-man is reading over my shoulder, waiting to use the laptop...not sure why he needs this computer...there ARE two others downstairs... Oh, apparently S and Hubby are using those, and he needs to join S in an online game...

TTFN!

4 comments:

SIG said...

Erm...where is this Singapore Connections blog?

Anonymous said...

Just wanted to let you know, that I may not be commenting, I am reading your blog. This has gotten me interested in checking out some other ones. Have a good school week. TTFN - Kat.

Jori said...

Silly...YOU are the signapore connection!!

SIG said...

Oh, but on your site, I don't see a link