Monday, March 31, 2008

Getting a cold

...and running out of blogging time this morning.

Made a really nice dessert - a mango mousse - yesterday that made me think of my Singapore Connection. Living in Singapore, and having tons of access to all the yummy fruits like mango, it just seemed to me to be something she would make. Will be curious to find out what she thinks...

I enjoyed it, as did hubby, but the boys - not so much. The A-man gave his dessert a few spoonful chances, but S decided it was a 'no go' right away. I saved the extra desserts, and let the R-man try it. He told me that it just seemed too sour, or something. His first comment was that it had tooo much lemon in it - there isn't any lemon in it! Maybe I didn't use enough of the yogurt cream to the mango ratio - not sure, since I have never made it before.
After the boys left the table, I realized that is probably the first time they have had mango! Funny considering how much I enjoy it, but I guess since it is such an expensive fruit, I tend to not share with those that just won't appreciate... ;o)

I was a "food prep" machine last night. Made a big pot of chili, then portioned them and put them in the freezer. Prepped up a few "omelet baggies" so that it will be faster in the mornings when Hubby or I want to make an omelet. Got the ole meat-slicer humming and then wrapped up a bunch of meats that can be used for lunches. PLUS I made the turkey patties we are going to have for dinner tonight!

S and the A-man were VERY good to clean up after dinner - even doing all of the pots and pans by hand - with no complaining what so ever! They wiped both kitchen and dining room tables off, AND all the counters - well, minus the stove-top. But that is still a pretty good job for them.

Hubby and I went and bought some new appliances yesterday. Geesh, what an exhausting job that can be! I never knew washing machines can be so technologically advanced. I simply want a machine that I can put dirty clothes in, and after a while, clean clothes come out! I wouldn't even have to be doing this if my current machine didn't seem to be having issues with the drainage. But, we have an older machine, and I have been saying for a while that I would really like to get one of those front-loaders that uses so little water, plus is energy efficient.

Just as we were getting ready to look at new washing machines, the dishwasher started it's 'big leak' again. We have tolerated this for quite a while - cuz it only happens 'sometimes' - but Hubby said, "Oh well, we are going anyway, might as well get a new dishwasher, too."
New washer AND dryer AND dishwasher will arrive on Wednesday. I'm still not quite sure who that man was in my husband's body...

Head is pounding and throat is burning. I hate it when I get sick.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wow! I'm impressed with the old boy springing for all those new applicances. What manufacturer did you go with? Is it one of those supercapacity models like mine? So great to be able to wash comforters and the like at home. You will notice a difference in your hydro bill...it takes sooo much less time to dry the clothes cause it spins out so much water. Don't froget your HE soap, very important...I like sunlights the best. Does it have a "timer" feature on it so it can do the wash whilst your at work or sleeping when the hydro is less expensive. I'm so excited for you...3 new "toys".
( I have a very pathetic life, what can I say)

Jori said...

Not sure if it's as big as yours, but the washer/dryer set is Whirlpool, and we are going to stack them - more space in laundry room that way!
Bought HE soap on the way home.

Jori said...

Oh yeah, and how sad it is that we get excited about new appliances?? Age does wierd things to us!