Thursday, March 6, 2008

Report cards are in

Cuz - just read your comment on the last post. You ask a very good question - one that I will have to ask the doctor myself, actually. Will keep you posted.

Nothing to report on the homework front - two snow days this week, and the final day before March Break - there will be little to no work done in the schools today.

I am very upset about the snow day yesterday because S was supposed to receive another two and a half hours training on the laptop, and I have no idea when (or if) they will reschedule that. When I took the results of the fMRI in to the school, the SERT gave me all of the training dates for the remainder of the year, and I am hoping I will be able to make a couple of them.

My time at the school on Tuesday was pretty effective, I will admit. I received a new copy of S's IEP for term three, we established a date for an IPRC review meeting - based on the newest findings - and I was told all the training dates. The IEP...well, let's just say I am glad that it is a 'working document' because I don't think this one is a clear nor concise as last term's was. It's is still are far cry better than the first one I ever received, but there are some older things being carried forward that really are not applicable anymore. March break homework for me, I suppose.

S got his report card the other day. His marks are pretty good actually.
  • English - Reading 74%, Writing 74%, Oral 77%
  • French - all components 60%
  • Math - varies from 65% in measurement to 70% in Algebra, and 75% in the two math components
  • Science - 70%
  • Geography - 65%
  • History - 75%
  • Phys-ed - 75%
Of course, the "Learning Skills" within his report card are really the pieces of information I have always said are the most important anyway, and the areas that he has always had "Needs improvement" remain the same - Cooperation with others, Conflict Resolution and Problem Solving. The comments (again) say things like "S needs reminders to follow behaviour expectations..." I wonder when the teachers are going to realize this is why he has an IEP that is behaviour based?!!? Whatever.

Trust me - there are days that I really wish I could tell some of these teachers what I really think, and feel, about these bogus marks, comments and report cards...

No comments: