Tuesday, March 4, 2008

Results day

Today is the day we get the results of S's fMRI. I know we won't have any miraculous breakthroughs or anything like that, however, I am hoping we will be able to get a copy of the DVD to watch. Again, we won't really know what we are watching, but I still think it will be very fascinating!

I am also very interested to find out what types of therapies the doctor is going to recommend, and which - if any - mental health issues they should address. I'm sure it will be a very long, yet informative appointment.

Yesterday's "ice day" was pretty ironic - it was 8 (above freezing) for most of the day, and all of the snow/ice on the driveway melted, and a lot of the snow off the deck melted. Crazy to think they called the buses off the road for such a nice day! The R-man informed me this morning, though, that they are calling for a winter storm tonight. Nice. March - lion to lamb...I guess we have to see the lion part to appreciate the lamb, right?

Speaking of lamb, I am going to be heading down to Cuz's house this weekend to go to the Canada Bloom's Show. She doesn't live real close to where the show is held, but at least she is closer than I. Now, that said, I have made a big boo-boo, and done a wee bit of double-booking myself this weekend. But, I think a workable plan has been hatched, and we will STILL get to spend some quality time together - which we have not been able to do as much as we like to do normally.

Cuz, I won't be able to arrive until close to supper time on Saturday evening - Hubby is working Friday night, and I have an appointment/date with Jazzy's mom earlier on Saturday, so I thought I would be able to make it for drinks on Saturday, then we could head to the show on Sunday. Would that work?? I won't rush away after the show, but I think that is going to be the most workable option right now.

The A-man just read my last sentence over my shoulder and said, "Ugh...you are leaving again?? Every weekend you leave us...you hate us don't you?" He knows that is not true, but he sure does know how to pull on those heart strings...

Speaking of the A-man...toes are still looking icky, but I think we have been able to drain most of the infection. I am going to monitor things, and continue to pick at things, for a couple of days, and if I don't think I am going to be able to be successful with the hang nail, I will be making a doctor's appointment.

Hubby and I have made an appointment with a nutritionist for March 17. We have been planning on going to see her for quite a while, but the past few months have been just far to chaotic to even consider doing major dietary changes, too. It is time.

No comments: