Friday, March 28, 2008

TGIF

I am so happy today! Cuz is coming for a visit!!!!!!! :o)

Got an email from her yesterday and it looked shaky for a little while - her hubby has been so ill, and, yet again, there is another kink in the plans. But, I got a phone call from her last night, and it turns out that he didn't need to be admitted to the hospital (thank heavens) but he is now on a heavy duty antibiotic to try and clean up the infection around his new pacemaker. Lately it seems like it's one thing after another, and it has both of them stressed out to the max. I'm feeling for them. So glad I'm going to be seeing you soon!

The A-man didn't get to have his toe procedure yesterday, after all. There is still infection around the site, so our family doctor has put him on another dose of antibotics, and scheduled some time in amblatory care at the hospital for the removal of the wedge of toe nail. Doctor gave a pretty stern lesson on the proper care of nails - both toes and fingers - and I am hoping the A-man actually got it. I've been telling him the same thing for years, but I am just a nag...

Yesterday was Grade 10 literacy testing day across Ontario, so the A-man only had school in the afternoon. Half an hour for each class. Apparently most of his friends were not at school yesterday, but his English teacher (smart lady) told her class that they would be doing the first half of their test, and only a doctor's note would be accepted as reason for not being at school.

The A-man has been asked by a friend to tutor him in math. The boy is in applied Math, and is currently getting a very low mark in the class. The A-man is in acedemic Math, with a 95%, so I guess it was pretty smart to ask him for help. A-man went to the school library to meet the boy - as arranged - and the boy didn't come to school! The A-man said it was okay, because he just used that time to study for his test. Sometimes I still wonder if this is the same child I lived with 2 years ago...

Not that I am complaining!!

S has been having a really good week in school, too. There have been a couple of notes in his agenda saying that he has been staying on task, completing his work, etc. I love it when I get those notes!

I was actually surprised to realize that I have no idea what is happening in S's school right now. I used to be SO involved in the school - both as a volunteer and because I was often in the Principal's office for a meeting about one or the other child - but now, I am there so very rarely. This year I have not received that many phone calls, and, well, things have simmered down quite a bit. Huh - once all of the supports are in place, it's amazing how well the boy can do! The last suspension from last year should be exponged by the end of Grade 8! (Not that I am bragging, but I knew it would be once the bully was dealt with, and the learning issues were too!)

And...off to work!

No comments: