Sunday, March 23, 2008

Weekend updates


The painting didn't happen on Saturday as planned, but it is now finished! What a difference from that horrible wallpaper that was there before.

We had stripped it back before Christmas, but this is the first time either Hubby or I have been in the frame of mind, or required energy state, to complete this task.


I didn't like the fact that we were rushing to complete the task before our parents arrived for Easter dinner, but sometimes we need these sorts of kick in the pants to get jobs done, huh?


I did manage to get most of the meal prep done before everyone arrived. We had a turkey breast - I marinated it for most of the day - along with roasted potatoes, a couple types of veggies, and we started dinner with a spinach salad with raspberries and walnuts.


I set the table early in the day, because no matter what state you (or the kitchen) is in, if the table looks lovely, you are golden. Actually, that was the first thing my mother-in-law said when she arrived. "Oh, the table looks lovely. Very elegant." I was just fresh out of the shower, there were prep dishes all over the kitchen, but all she commented on was the lovely table setting. :o)



One more thing I need to post a picture of. The A-man's new smile... The boy is going to be a heartbreaker...

No comments: