Monday, March 17, 2008

Getting by without me...

I have decided that Hubby is trying to make the boys WANT me to go away more often! ;o)
When I was away two weeks ago, Hubby took the boys ice-fishing on the Saturday. They had the very best time ever - S caught the most fish in the derby, and the A-man won $65 for catching the longest (or biggest, maybe?) fish. They had never been ice fishing before, and they had a blast. (I used to ice fish with my Dad when I was that age, too - it's a fun day...)
So, I was happy that Hubby had a successful weekend with the boys two weeks ago, but THIS weekend takes the cake for sure. Oh, they had a good weekend alright! Hubby even sent me pictures on Saturday night to show me what was making the boys smile...


Hubby started the initial 'trail' in the backyard, and then the boys were allowed to have their time on the track... apparently they like this machine...

On Sunday, Hubby's friend came over with his machine, so both boys got to drive at the same time. (sigh - my babies are growing up...) Hubby and his friend made a few more 'trails' around the backyard, and now my back yard is just a series of ATV marks.
When S woke up this morning, and saw me there waking him, he had the BIGGEST smile on his face, and he hugged me for about 5 straight minutes. Then he started talking about the ATV, asking if I had seen it (yes), been on it (no) and did I see what they did on the weekend. I asked him to show me, and he was so excited to tell me all about the creating of the various 'trails' - but then he grew very serious and told me that they can't ride on that one - he pointed - because they think it goes over the horseshoe pit!!
That is the problem with riding in the snow - ya can't see what is underneath. My poor lawn...
This morning was a little rough for me - I had a very hard time getting out of bed. The A-man was asked to make sure he had all of his uniform stuff upstairs and ready for the morning, but apparently his idea of being organized and mine are little different.
About 3 minutes before the bus arrived, the A-man comes charging out of his room in just his underwear - looking for pants. He made the bus, but she had to wait for quite a long time. He ran outside holding his jacket, and I have no idea if he took his meds this morning or not. Guess we will have to review the tips and tricks of being organized in the morning.
We had bought a number of things for the boys to wear today - St. Patrick's Day!! - but I don't think the A-man took any of them to school this morning.
S came out of his room with his "Ireland" t-shirt his Gramma had brought him, and he was wearing a green necklace with a medallion that says "Kiss me, I'm Irish." He told me he couldn't wait for "the ladies" to see that, "cuz they will all be kissing me all day!" (I didn't have the heart to tell him I didn't think that would happen...) Anyway, he was pretty excited about the whole idea of St. Patrick's Day.
Hubby and I have an appointment with a nutritionist this evening. We actually both have REALLY busy week nights this week. Good thing we are in for a long weekend - I think we are going to need it!

No comments: