Monday, March 3, 2008

...and, REST...

I will admit it - I love going to hotels. I love going out to dinner, having drinks and meals "on the company", but I am VERY happy to be done all of that for yet another year. I was bone-tired when I got home last night! Even my cheeks hurt from smiling non-stop for three days. But, it was a good weekend, it was a fun weekend, and I am really glad I got to experience the 'other' side of the coin. It is more physically demanding, but alot less stress-inducing!


The flu seems to have worked its way through the house, thank heavens. I have not felt any grumblings in my body - touching wood here - and it would appear the A-man came through unscathed, also. I am not going in to work this morning, and I think I will play it by ear for this afternoon. We had quite a bit of freezing rain last night, and yet another snow day today, so if the roads are still nasty, I think I may not go in after all. May have a nap later... ;o)

I got an email from S's SERT telling me that she had been able to repair S's computer, but I was surprised by that because when I asked S about his laptop yesterday, he told me it wasn't fixed yet. Maybe she got it done and didn't tell him. Not sure.

S has his appointment tomorrow morning to get the results of his fMRI. I had sent some forms to the school, asking the teachers to complete the information, but I haven't seen the completed forms. Now today is a snow day - or would be an ice day?? - and we will be at the Doctor's for 9:30 am. I guess I will have to call and see if they can fax the forms directly to the doctor's office.

Last night the A-man mentioned that his big toe was sore. When I took a look at it, I said, "No kidding it hurts." He has a majorly infected ingrown toenail. Apparently it's been like this for a few weeks, but he never mentioned it. Oh, and his other toe is starting to hurt too. Yeah, it's also infected, but not as badly. I have made him soak it, and I've been working at the nail, but it hurts him so much. I'm feeling bad for him, but I want to know I've made the attempts to remedy it before I source out the doctor's office. Even searched the Internet to confirm the best way to proceed. Guess I will be going through some salt in the next few days...

That is the worst part about them growing up so fast - they insist on taking over the personal hygiene-type things, and won't let you near them, and then the next thing you know... I think he has learned this lesson the hard way, poor guy.

No comments: