Wednesday, March 26, 2008

It turns out The A-man lucked out - one of the tests he was supposed to do yesterday has been delayed until Friday. He had a 'take home' Math test yesterday for homework. At least that is one subject that I am not required to help him with very much - not that I would have a hard time with that. Oh no, he needs help in subjects like Science - where I am just so NOT effective...

S brought home some Geography homework last night. I guess he knew that I was justifed in being upset with him yesterday morning, because that was the first thing he said to me when I got home last night. "Hi Mom... I only have Geography homework tonight. How was your day?" Too funny.

I have an information session tonight with the ADHD group. It's a session on "How to read your child's physco-educational assessment," and although I think I have a pretty good grip on this, I will still go to the meeting for a number of reasons. One - it's always good to learn more. Two - I"m on the board of directors, so I need to support the monthly meetings, and Three - I have suggested to a couple of parents that they should consider coming, and I am curious to see if they do.

The one Mom is the lady that I was helping at the beginning of the school year. The Board has actually started a full physco-educational testing on her daughter, and I think it would be very good for her to hear some of the terminology prior to getting that report. Heavens knows, Hubby and I were very confused when we received S's.

Off to the grind...

No comments: