Tuesday, April 1, 2008

Date with the sofa

Yesterday my throat felt like it was on fire. It hurt to talk, to swallow...it was not fun. Today it seems to have improved, but my sinus areas seem to have sprung a leak! Think I would take the leaky sinus over the sore throat, though.

Over-all, I felt icky yesterday. When I got home from work, we had dinner, I made sure S got started on his Math homework, I then changed in to my jammies, and parked my butt on the couch. (This is not a place I normally hang out on, trust me.)

I have parent-teacher interviews on Thursday night this week, and the A-man's birthday is on Friday (which just happens to be yet another PD day...) A-man wants to have some friends over on the Friday afternoon until some time on Saturday. I am going to give him this chance, too. Although I will have to ensure they are nice to S, I think it will be fine - I know the friends, and it will only be for a very short period of time that they will be without adult supervision. Ya gotta let go sometimes, right?

Oh! Did I mention last week that I had my first robin sighting? Yes, I did! It was only one little guy hopping around at the end of the driveway, but that little red chest sure did make me happy! Then, on Friday past, I spotted a whole herd, no...gaggle!, no.... a whole FLOCK of robins! Right there under the boy's climbing tree! Not a stitch of grass to be seen, but there were the true ambassodors of spring, just having a party on the south-east corner of my lawn! I didn't even get upset that they didn't invite me to the party.

With the huge amounts of rain, and warmish weather, we got yesterday, I am happy to report that I can see a couple of grass spots on my lawn. Just a couple, and only a wee little bit right now, but I know those spots will soon start to spread and we will be seeing green before too long!

No comments: