Saturday, April 5, 2008

Spring is in the air!

The sun is shining, the birds are chirpping, it's warming up! Supposed to be in the double digits this weekend! (11 and 14!!)
Was it really just last weekend, Cuz, when we were commenting how it was going to take so long for all the snow to melt? Now, most of MY yard is still covered in snow, but the perimeter gardens are slowly becoming exposed. I can see about 80% of the gardens.
Actually, when I think about the amount of snow we have in relation to the A-man's birthday, we aren't really behind any other years - I think we just had SO much snow this year it FEELS like it's been here forever.
Come on Spring - I'm rooting for you!

In celebration of the A-man's birthday, the whole family went out for dinner and then to a movie. Dinner was (naturally) A-man's pick. We went to East Side Mario's. There were exactly three things on the menu that Hubby and I could have. I ordered one of them (Soho Chicken Salad) and then was told they don't have that anymore. Oh well - normal salad with grilled chicken was just fine, too.
For the movie, we went to see 10,000 BC. Not quite the movie I would have thought the A-man would want to see, but I will admit, the special effects were quite amazing. The movie was very good, don't get me wrong, but it was quite a bit slower-paced than most movies of today. I liked it, and when we were leaving, I was teasing him that he had picked a love story! (He insisted that it was an action movie, but it really was a love story...)

Heading off soon for S's second chiropractic appointment (2nd that is right-brain specific) and then Hubby and I go for our appointment with the nutritionist. Not sure what the rest of the day will bring, but I'm thinking it will likely involve doing something outside!

No comments: