Monday, April 14, 2008

Weekend yard work

We had a relatively uneventful weekend, I will admit.
Saturday morning I had a nail appointment – power went out, so we just had to sit and wait for a while. Then it started raining, so we used that day as a “clean the house” day. That always makes the boys happy.
Sunday donned sunny. I was SO happy to see that. After breakfast, the entire family trudged outside to tackle the yard. We have a very big yard – I don’t think we will ever conquer it, but it does feel good to see improvements.
The A-man and I worked on cleaning up all of the scrub that had developed and grown last year in and around the veggie garden and the compost bins. (Compost is looking mighty fine, I must say.)
While we were doing that, Hubby was using his new chain saw, and making the trees he cut down last Fall more manageable. S was taking said logs and putting them through the log splitter to be bagged and sold as campfire wood this summer.
After a while of doing the yard work, the A-man’s English assignment partner arrived, and he then went in to work on homework. S disappeared shortly after that – you know it’s not good for children to be exposed to too much fresh air…
Anyway, Hubby and I continued on doing our thing. After a while my back was bugging me, so I took over doing the log splitting, and he replenished the logs and would stack as they came through. We have quite the pile established already, and we aren’t even done splitting the first tree. If the boys do actually bag the wood, and put a sign out by the highway, they could make some serious $$ this summer!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

we could possibly take some off your hands for campfires if the R-man is willing to bring it to us...trade you for chicken when next it comes in

Unknown said...

Tell the boys I'll buy a bag when I come up camping! But only if they give me hugs! I miss 'em!