Friday, April 11, 2008

I could get used to this!

Mornings used to be so chaotic. There were days that my trying to get the boys off to school would wake Hubby up (well, when he was on afternoon shift...) By the time the bus would arrive, I would be exhausted, and probably not in the best of moods. Or, they would simply have missed the bus because they couldn't get it in gear fast enough.
(Sure - just after I typed that, S started acting like a total goon - walking around with his helmet on, not getting his coat on, etc. When will I learn to stop jinxing things?? ADHD is so much fun...)

Anyway, I now can say that mornings are FAR less stressful than they ever used to be. WAY better. (Even despite of the helmet thing... ;o) )

Again, last night was pretty smooth sailing. I was upset to see the dishwasher hadn't been emptied and reloaded when I arrived home, but the A-man was quick to point out that HE had done his half of the dishwasher. S has become extremely lax in doing his share of the chores. I will be addressing that with him tonight.

With one word from me, the kitchen was soon back to normal, and we had dinner, then the homework began. S needed a bit of help with his reading - he didn't bring his laptop home - but he was really good about taking the time to write down what he needed to. Actually WAY better than usual! Then he needed a bit of help with Math, but there were even a few that I just said to him, "Put a question mark" because I had no idea what it was asking him to do.

The A-man had called me at work to bring home some bristol board for a project he has due on Monday. Wow. Is this some planning ahead happening? Crazy. He worked on his English homework, asked me to clarify one question that he had to answer, then went to his room to read.

By 9pm, I was sitting in MY bed, reading, and listening to the boys play a game of chess. By 10pm, all lights were out, and S and I were in bed, but I think the A-man was still reading in his room.

And..... peace.

No comments: