Monday, April 28, 2008

Updates

I don’t think I have really blogged about the boys’ activities for the past little while.

The A-man spent Wednesday night at my parent’s house since he was going on a field trip early the next morning. He really enjoyed the Science Centre, and even took the time to make something for S’s birthday.
On Friday, he had an Outdoor’s Club event which involved beaver dam busting. He and a friend wandered off away from the group – had quite the adventure from the sounds of it – and they are now not permitted to go on the next outing since the teacher had to look for them for almost half an hour. I think that lesson has now been learned.
The A-man also brought home his report card. His grade average is 85%! I am SO proud of him! (He is most excited about getting to receive a gold card and the three free snacks in the cafeteria.)

Thursday was S’s big day out with the EA and the co-op student. S opted to go for subs rather than pizza. On Thursday night, I made his cookie pizza to take to school for the surprise party. He even took my karaoke machine for the party.
I guess the party really was a surprise, and S was the leader in going up to the student, giving him a big hug and then said, “Adam, I know I speak for the whole class when I say this. We are REALLY going to miss you.”
Sounds like this young man really took a shine to my baby. S is a little sad today about him not being there, but he is going to add him to his Facebook friends, and I think that will be nice for him.

Over the weekend, I noticed S just pulled out his homework, and did it without any reminders! On his own!! (Might have had something to do with my telling them both to clean their rooms, and homework was a better option, but I am not going to complain! He did it!)

The weekend just sort of went by in a blur. I am feeling extremely overwhelmed right now with the amount of things on my to-do list, and that is just my home list! My work list is getting smaller and much more manageable.

S will become a teenager on Thursday. I have a couple of meetings and one seminar this week, and Hubby is starting afternoons. I’m tired already. Let the games begin for yet another week.

No comments: