Tuesday, April 8, 2008

Onward we go

Darn, darn, darn and drat!
Just looked at the weather predictions, and of course it is supposed to RAIN all weekend. This is the weekend that I told the males of my house that we would be clearing up (and burning) yard shrub, etc. We have so much over-growth in the yard, if we tackle it early in the year it won't get too out of control. Yeah, supposed to rain. Oh well, I guess we will just have to put on rain ponchos along with the work gloves, because it is getting done. I am away next weekend, and I can't trust that the work would get done to my level of satisfaction if I'm not there to supervise. (I'm so bossy, I know...)

This morning was the A-man's appointment in ambulatory care for his ingrown toe nail. He REALLY did not like getting the freezing done. Funny thing was, I thought it was fascinating - sort of - but then suddenly I got all woozy and light headed. The doctor took one look at me, and called for the nurse to bring a sturdy, steady chair ASAP. Once I sat, I started to feel a bit better, but she rushed to get me a cool cloth, and some apple juice. Apparently my reaction to seeing my child in that much agony was normal, but I still felt like a wimp. After the procedure, the A-man whined and complained enough, I allowed him to stay home from school today. He can't wear his one shoe, and I didn't have the forethought to bring a sandal for him.

S had History homework last night. When I sat down beside him to see if I could offer any help, he just looked at me and said, "I've got this Mom - you don't need to sit right there. I'm okay."
Just before that comment, I found out that S had a project due today - one that I knew nothing about. He sure was pleased to be able to show me what he had done, and how he had done it.
His laptop has this program that will let him set things up in a graphic-organizer type way, and during one of his training sessions, he was shown how to use it. He loves the technology and the way it makes things 'easier' for him. It's just wonderful that he doesn't realize he is still doing the same work, it's just in a more technologically advanced way than what he used to have to do! I am just thrilled that he is finally get the opportunity to show the teachers what he is capable of once the learning strategies are all in place!

The A-man had finished his English just before I got home from work, and he finished his Math right after dinner. Neither of them 'needed' me, so I went over to a friend's place for a little while! I think I'm going to adjust to these more mature children very well...

No comments: