Thursday, January 17, 2008

On the road again...

This morning went by in a total blur. I had to finish my packing for my business trip, make sure both of the boys had the things they needed for their two nights at the grandma's house's (the A-man is at my mom's - S is at Hubby's...), and make sure all the other things that we do in a morning were done. Add in things like cleaning out litter boxes, making sure laundry loads were completed...yeah, I didn't really have a chance to blog.

I am here in London, now. The entire show office is packed in the back of boss' vehicle. We had a nice dinner at a local steakhouse, and now I am just taking the chance to catch up on emails, Facebook updates, and I'm avoiding working on the Powerpoint presentation I need to finish.

On the school front - I sent a follow up email to the principal today regarding the letter I had sent prior to Christmas. I told him that I would be out of town a fair bit in the next little while, but asked if we would be able to arrange for a follow up meeting. S had a fill-in EA last week, and what a difference. His agenda was filled in daily. He brought home way more homework than normal...and I could see where she had actually taken the time to assist him in getting started on certain parts of work. She even took the time to send a note home at the end of the week with a bit of a progress report about how S's week back to school went. Yeah - never seen a note from the full-time EA before. I will have to see how the meeting with the principal goes, I guess. I have saved the hand-written note, and will take the agenda for back-up support.

I did also contact the SERT the other day about the lack of assistance S is receiving with respect to organizing things. She couldn't remember off the top of her head what the IEP says, but she was going to check on that and get back to me. She also told me that if it didn't say something about that (which I know it does) she would ensure that it was addressed.

The A-man has his exams in a couple of weeks, but he has actually already written two of them! His drama and his learning strategies - he will be presenting a play in drama for his final 'practical' part of the exam. Which means when it comes down to actual 'exam time', he only has two test days...then a full week off school. He is really looking forward to that. I told him he can use that week to clean his room - he will need it.

On Wednesday, the lady from the humane society dropped off the cat box that was used when they picked up the strays. There were only three left - did I mention in an earlier post that one was hit by a car on New Year's Eve? Yes, that is what spurred me to finally call the shelter for the poor wee things. Anyway, a week after they were picked up, two of the three remaining kittens had been adopted. We were all very happy to hear that. The momma cat hasn't returned - I think she decided our backyard was too full when she had her new litter. If she shows up again, I will be calling the shelter sooner.

Oh - and remember the other day how I commented that our cats have taken to sleeping with the R-man? Well, last night his girlfriend stayed over, and they closed the door on my cats. Boy - were their noses every out of joint over THAT particular slight! (I can't wait to bug him about that one.) Both Abby and Lily slept with me last night, but it just wasn't the same knowing I was 'second fiddle' ... (lol...) Now I will be away for 4 nights - let them see how it feels!

Okay - time to sit in the bed and read for a bit. Tomorrow will be a 7am - 10pm day...just the start of the show season.... bring it on!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

so very happy to hear that the "babies" found home. That must be a big relief for you. I know how attached you and the boys had gotten.
The 'girls" will really have their noses out of joint with both you and r-man gone this weekend...guess they'll just have to snuggle with the boys (3rd fiddles...hahaha). Hope all goes well this weekend...ttyl,cuz