Wednesday, January 23, 2008

Frustrated today

I am getting more and more frustrated with the lack of professionalism from S's EA. I look in his agenda, and in yesterday's Science block, she has written "Test". Gee - any idea what he is supposed to be studying? Then, I look in his science notes - there is nothing there. Did he bring the Science text book home to study from? No - he forgot it.
Geography...he knows he has a test, but he isn't sure if it's today or tomorrow - and again, he doesn't know WHAT the test is on!
"SHORT WORKING MEMORY" people - he won't remember if it's not written down! Clinically proven. Doctor diagnosed! I left a "not so nice" note in his agenda, and I will be having my follow up meeting with the Principal very soon. This is getting beyond ridiculous.
Had S's re-entry meeting yesterday morning. It appears S had a very rough week all the way around last week. I was never advised of this - at all. Again....why not?

S was working on training his laptop's voice recognition last night. He was required to read the same sentence over and over again until the computer 'got' his speech patterns. He was very frustrated after saying the same thing for about 5 full minutes. I could see why. I think we will work on it a bit more tonight - when he is not tired from studying geography.

The A-man had his final exams in Learning Strategies yesterday. His final mark for the course - 95%. He is SO proud of himself, and I must say, when I read the final essay he wrote, I was pretty darn proud of him too! Just proves that he can do it - when he applies himself. I think he sees that now. It also helps that he is not being pre-judged by the teachers in the school, I think.

The show went well. I was beat, beat, beat on Monday afternoon, and JUST starting to feel somewhat normal now. Next show - Hamilton in just over a week. The day I leave for Hamilton is the day S has his fMRI.

...and, back to the grind...

No comments: