Tuesday, January 29, 2008

Looking forward to holiday...

Hubby and I have booked an ATV off-road tour for the Sunday of our holiday! It just sounds like a GREAT day - and a wonderful way to really get to see the area. I think the other tour that we are going to try and take is a Volcano Tour, but I think we will wait until we get to Mexico to book that one.
Looked at the long range forecast for that area of Mexico... lows of 23 or 24, highs of 29 or 30....sunny every day. Yes, the next week and a half will not go by fast enough for this girl, I will admit.

Cuz - in answer to your comment on my last post - Thank you. I hadn't even thought about the fact that working with the doctor could prove our case even further. I was just upset about the news that we couldn't get a new EA. You made a very valid point, and, if she is successful in working with the doctor, either way, S will come out ahead. And, yes, only one more year...
Unfortunately, the current principal will not be remaining at our school. He will find out from the superintendent today when he is going to be replaced with our 'permanent' principal. He told me that he has told the board what type of person our school requires, and that we need someone that will be consistant, a member of the community...that sort of thing. I just hope the current acting principal will share details about S's history with whomever replaces him.
It's possible he will remain until the end of the school year, but at this point, he just doesn't know what is going to happen. He was slated to leave at the end of January, but since that is Thursday, I don't think that will be happening... What a bloody mess...

Anyway, S had to work on his Science test-revision last night for homework. He did very poorly on the test, as I figured he would. He did not study at all, and I know he probably tried to rush right through it to simply be done. He spent a fair bit of time on the homework, though - he was required to use the text book to find the correct answers to the questions.
As I was helping him through it, our financial advisor arrived for our appointment, and so I left S to his own devices in the dining room, while we met in the kitchen. After a little while, the A-man wandered into the dining room and helped S with reading the parts of the text book that were confusing him. He can be nice to his little brother - sometimes.

S hasn't been able to bring his laptop home since there has been a new 'error' on it. I asked about it at the meeting, but the principal didn't know when the request for repair would be finalized. I will let it go until Monday. S is off on Thursday for his appointment, and the SERT is back to the school then. I will follow up when I return from the show.

No comments: