Saturday, January 26, 2008

...and, rest....

Last night, I went to a card making party with Sammy. I haven't seen her since before Christmas when she and her hubby came for roclette. We didn't actually get a lot of time to chat with each other about many things, but it was still nice to see her. It really bugs me that I have been out of the loop with both Sam and Suz for the past little while, but I think we are all in such different points of our lives. I know they are true friends, and even if I haven't talked to them in a long time, if I were to call either of them and say "I need you", I know they would be there. Same goes for me. But, still, I just wish I was able to be more up to date on the daily happenings in their lives. Life continues to get in the way of living...

Anyway, at the card making thing - I had such a great time. I used to really enjoy doing the whole scrapbooking thing, but with all the craziness in my life when I returned back to work, I've never really been able to get back in to it. I have all kinds of neat devices, etc., just not a lot of desire to haul it all out and then put it all back away at the end of the night. Maybe I will have to set a certain night of the week aside to spend some time doing that. You know, after I finally get all the Christmas decorations put away...

Booked my flight and hotel accomodations for the Governor's conference yesterday. Although it's just another 'thing to do' for me, I am actually really looking forward to it. I have not really travelled a great deal, and now that our client base is growing, and boss has told me that he wants me to more or less become the 'client account mananger', I may get more opportunity to travel in the future. Now, if only I could get my golf game to a 'not terrible' level, I would be a bigger asset to the company...

I got to sleep in today - it was so nice. The A-man was such a sweetheart, he even made my coffee for me this morning! So now I am MSN'ing with Cuz, and catching up with others through Facebook, and just got off the phone with Jazzy's mom - we are going to have lunch and then go for pedicures! Total pamper day. (Well, before lunch I will be doing dishes and cleaning out the fridge, but at least I will be moving at my own pace and schedule. No exhibitors hasseling me, or radio calls....that will be next weekend!)

Hubby had to go in to work today, but we have no plans for this evening, and some time tomorrow we are going to visit my parents... it will be a nice change of pace. MUCH more family time, which I think I am in need of.

No comments: