Wednesday, January 16, 2008

Been sick

Sunday was a busy day of laundry, housework, grocery shopping - that sort of thing.
That afternoon, as I was colouring the grey, and whitening my teeth, and waxing my eyebrows, I had a realization - I am a total fraud! Fake nails, hair colour - now cosmetically enhanced white teeth and altered eyebrows! Is there anything as a natural beauty anymore? Well, when you are a few months off of your 40th birthday, I guess a little help is allowed. And needed.

Sunday night we had barbequed steak and baked potatoes. I was in the mood for that, and it was SO good. The R-man allowed me to twist his arm in to joining us for dinner. He said it was rough, but he would manage.

That night, around 3 in the morning, I guess, I woke up feeling terrible. I guess I developed a bit of a stomach bug. I didn't get back out of bed again until Tuesday morning. Well, I got out of bed, but only for short trips...

The R-man was kind enough to make dinner for the boys, and the boys came in and checked on me periodically. They would bring me tea, and S even made me a tea and toast tray - I could only eat two bites.

Boss was not happy that I was unable to come in to the office on Monday, but I think he knows my work ethic enough by now to realize that I must have felt like I was on death's door to not come in on the Monday before a show. I went to work yesterday feeling a bit shaky, but I can honestly say I am back to normal today. Still a bit hesitant to eat much solid food, but I can manage with the body reserves, I'm sure!

S was angry with me this morning because he forgot to study for his Science test today. And he didn't do his math or geography homework. Somehow that was my fault. I'm still not sure how that is my fault, but I told him that he needs to start taking more responsiblity for ensuring he gets things done. He just snarled at me - I ignored that.

I think the three of us are going to have to have a condensed family meeting tonight - both of them have gotten very lax in doing their daily chores, etc., and that just will not do. I leave tomorrow afternoon for London. I will be gone until Monday afternoon, and if they are going to sit around and just play games and watch TV, the house will be a wreck by the time I return.

Tonight, before I pack for my trip - we will make a plan. They will have a couple of days reprive since they will both be staying at Grandparents', but I will chart it, and then Hubby can make sure it gets done over the weekend.

Off to work - should be another fun-filled crazy day!

No comments: