Thursday, January 24, 2008

Updates

A few new things have been developing...

The A-man has his first exam day today. He has opted to write his Science exam in the resource room, which means he will be allowed up to double the 'normal' time for the exam. He probably won't need that much time, but I'm sure he will just feel more relaxed in the resource room. He only has an exam today and then tomorrow - will be off for all of next week. Brat. ;o)

I asked him what he was going to do after he was done writing the exam. He will have about 5 hours of free time before he will need to catch the bus. He said he was going to my parents house. This surprised me - I figured he would go downtown and do stuff with his friends. Apparently he doesn't "know the town" and is a little hesitant to do anything in case he misses his bus. Since I grew up in that town, I never really thought about the fact that we moved here to the country when he was only 6 - so he really doesn't know that town! I will have to take him on a brief walking tour sometime.

Made arrangements with the principal to discuss Hubby and my concerns about the EA. We will meet on Monday.
The SERT sent me an email telling me that S will receive a couple of new programs on his laptop - which will be a GREAT benefit, and which I thought he was going to be getting originally. They should be installed soon.
The SERT also shared some information with me with respect to the EA - she has voiced some concerns to the principal that perhaps she isn't the best qualified to be working with S. Interesting...

I should find out today if I will be going to the Governor's conference in mid-February. I had to finished all the client billing, and boss was going to input in to the budget to see if we have some extra $$ for my flight and accommodations, should I go. I have the feeling he will find the funds - he really wants me to start taking over as the account manager. We have picked up a couple of new (big) accounts, and he really does need to start delegating more. It will mean a bit more travel for me, but since the boys are at this age, I think it will be fine.

Oh - and one more piece of news - the A-man gets his braces off on March 18. He is very happy about that, and I am looking forward to seeing his REAL smile again - no more of that closed-lip-over-the-teeth 'smile'!

No comments: