Monday, January 28, 2008

Good News/Bad News

The Good News - it would appear that terrible principal will not be returning! Yeah!!!!

The Bad News - we won't be able to get another EA assigned to S for this school year.

There simply isn't an EA on staff that has the qualifications that were recommended by the doctor, and the acting Principal simply doesn't know if there are any within the hiring pool that will have these qualifications. Now, that said, he will request it for next year, but he can make no promises. I sort of figured that.

On the up side, he has requested that the current EA have a chance to meet with myself and the doctor, along with the classroom teacher, to see if some of the concerns/issues can be addressed that way. And again, we are getting toward the end of a school year, and the baby steps are so small, I sometimes wonder if we are moving ahead at all. I think we are - just far slower than what I would like to see. Of course, we are dealing with government bureaucracy, so I must expect things to move this slowly, right?

It just drives me insane sometimes - I hate playing the game. I know I can do it - I just don't like doing it.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I'm so relieved for you that you'll not have to deal with that (ill qualified, IMO) principal furthur. Will the current principal be staying on? He at least seems willing to work at ensuring S' success.
A meeting with the dr. is a good thing, if after that the current EA still does not fully "get" S' needs then it's an even stronger case to have her removed...after all everyone has done the utmost to teach her what is required.
I know it feels like one step forward, one back with S stuck in a rut but you've only 1 more year at that school and then it's off to highschool and hopefully S will have as much success there as The A-man is having.