Monday, October 1, 2007

Recovering...

Whew - what a weekend! I am dead-dog tired, and it took 3 snooze button pushes to coax myself out of bed this morning, but I think it was worth it! Had a great time in Montreal, and even though I was officially there to 'work', I must say, it was the best work weekend I've ever had.

A big ole "THANK YOU" to Cuz...for allowing me to stay at the B&B on Thursday evening, and again for the coffee pit stop yesterday afternoon. I needed that break - 6 hours of driving at once is too much! Was good to take that break before I did the final stretch of the drive.

The A-man did a great job with his revised Science Lab. He worked on it all by himself, and only asked Hubby for a bit of a reminder of how to insert a table in to the word document. I resisted for as long as I could, but ended up sneaking a peek at it this morning. I think this will be more in line with what the teacher was looking for. I'm proud of him for making sure he completed it without much prompting. I'm also very glad the teacher allowed the revision. I saw what he had handed in originally. It was very poorly done.

S didn't have any homework over the weekend. The Terry Fox run was on Thursday, and it sounds like the rest of the day was just a fun day for the whole school. Of course, I'm sure it would have nothing to do with the next day being a PA day...

Dropped S off at school after his doctor's appointment, and since the school was out doing the run, I was able to have a good chat with her. I think I may have to educate her a bit about the conditions that affect S, but for the most part, I think her philosophies are in line with hubby and I. This is good.

I have a meeting with the A-man's resource teacher tomorrow. Going to beg and pled for further testing. Well, no, not really - just going to fully present my case, and present the newest information. I know they don't like to do 'testing' at the highschool level, but if it needs to be done...

Maybe, just maybe we are getting there.

Oh, and a special "HAPPY BIRTHDAY" to Loonie! I hope your 40th b-day is great, and I hope your first day back to work went well for you. You have a great baby - I'm sure he will do well while you go back to work. Thinking of you!

No comments: