Wednesday, October 17, 2007

Nothing

Yeah, it's true - I've got nothing.

Had a crap day at work yesterday. Lost my temper with my assistant after about the 8th time of having her argue with me about how I wanted things done. It was not good. Boss is talking about her first paycheque being her last (sigh), but I want to give her a bit more of a chance. She just needs to STOP TALKING all the time. I'm going bonkers. Truly.

Kids didn't have homework last night, but the A-man had cadets. I charged in there last night, said "Give me a listing of the events coming up in the next 6-8 weeks. I will have a calendar here for distribution by the end of the squad parade." I got a bit of resistance at first, but when they realized I wasnt' going to leave until they gave me what I wanted, they finally provided the information, and now, we parents will know in advance of when the cadets would be needed at various locations. It was very hard to be told on a Tuesday "Oh, we have tag day on Friday" or "There is a parade on Sunday" - meanwhile, we have had plans for the last week and a half. Now, at least, I can make alternative arrangement. Other parents were very happy to get those calendars, I could tell.

The A-man has come up with a name for his Science project - "Cell-ory" and he is going to make the answers be in the form of a question - like on Jepordy. I thought that was good name, even though it wasn't the one I had come up with.

And, I'm off to work. Assistant is not in today (whew) so I should be able to rip through a fair bit of things without having to stop and explain every little thing.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

sorry you're having such difficulty training the new assistant but truly if she's just not "getting it" it will probably never work out. Plus, if she argues about how you want things done that is NEVER a good sign. Better to cut her loose before you've wasted too much time training her. I'd give it a month tops and if it's still not working "ta,ta". Cuz