Monday, October 1, 2007

Lazy night

Just not quite up to snuff tonight. The A-man claimed he only had a little bit of homework - was done in moments. As of right now, I don't have it in me to check it over. I may just take a look at it in a little while, but since he seems to be keeping up on things, I just feel bad when I 'second guess' him.

He got his Science mark back for the project that was due last week. 24 out of 25. I'm very proud of him, but I did make a point of mentioning that he probably wouldn't have received that high a mark if the teacher hadn't given me that 'checking in' phone call. I think he is starting to realize that it does help to put in a wee bit of extra effort - he loves getting the higher marks.

He has often made the comment that I want him to get 'perfect' on everything he does, but that is not true. This is what I tell him when he says that - "I don't want it to be perfect, I simply want it to be the best you can do." He actually repeats it back to me as I am saying it - I hope this means that he is actually hearing what I am saying, and he isn't just being a smarty pants.

What is the point of doing something that isn't to the best of your ability? I mean, if you are going to do it, make sure you are happy with it - don't just do something for the sake of saying you did it. Be PROUD of what you do. I really want both of them to realize this. I truly believe this is a life lesson.

Anyway...off to bed. Been a long, long day. Start training my assistant tomorrow afternoon, so the next little while in the office should be quite unproductive, but with an end in sight, right??

No comments: