Sunday, October 14, 2007

Houswork and Silly Cats

I have had quite a bit going on for the last number of weekends, and as a result, I have felt that I have not been able to get as much housework done as I would like. Today was the day I felt the need (and desire, truth be told) to tackle it. I was able to get S to help me in his room - yes, he also has a floor. I will be taking a full garbage bag full of clothing to the nearest drop off bin. He didn't want me to donate a number of his jeans, but he has grown a lot more over the summer than I realized. (Good thing I kept some of his brother's cast offs.)




After tackling S's bedroom, I decided I needed to do something with the antique tea service given to me by my sister-in-law. I had an idea that would allow me to show off some of my unique tea pots, and I think it turned out well. My thought is that when I am going to use it for tea, I will just take the tea pots off and leave them in the dining room until I am done with the tray.


I think it turned out nicely, and now I will be able to actually see the unique features of each tea pot. Which is something I wasn't able to do when they were on the shelves in the kitchen. What do you think?

When I was putting away the groceries, our one kitten (Lily) was being as blonde as she truly is. We had a number of laughs over her antics, but she just didn't seem to care.


She actually spent a long period of time, just laying in this box. And, no, it's not that big. You wouldn't even think she could fold herself in to this thing. Silly girl - she is pretty much folded in half to make herself fit. (I tried to upload a video of her folding herself in to this thing, but I think the file was too big to load up... Look at me go now - uploading videos...)



Of course, Abby is always a responsible kitten - I'm pretty sure she was the one that got in to the pies - but while Lily had the household laughing, Abby was catching some Fall sunbeams in my bedroom. She is a pretty girl, even though she doesn't have the same siamese markings as her sister.



Homework was pretty much a non-enity today. The A-man did a big of research this afternoon for his next Science project (after I bugged him about doing it), and he claims to know all that he needs to know for the test tomorrow, and therefore has not studied. I guess we will see what the final results are before I say much else.

4 comments:

SIG said...

Ah lovely teapots. I got an aunt who collects them... but I hate cats, sorry but I do. When I go Ireland the cats must be hidden.

Jori said...

The cat I used to have was very pretty, but she was the type of cat that would make people not care for cats. These ones just make me laugh! (Sorry to hear you don't like cats...They sure do keep your feet warm at night... ;o) )

Anonymous said...

Well now that's 2 things we have in common. Cats and tea. Are we going to make great old ladies or what?! haha - Kat.

Anonymous said...

wow the kittens have really gotten large...looking much more like a full grown cats now.
You tea pots look wonderful on the tea trolley, such a good idea and you've so many in your collection now that you can switch them up so it always looks different.
Cuz