Monday, October 8, 2007

Holiday Mondays

I think I am completely and totally in love with holiday Mondays. You get to sleep in, you get to just take it easy and get things done. I wish we could have a holiday Monday at least once a month.

Both boys have stripped their beds, and since the sun in shining, I think we will all go to bed tonight with our linens smelling of fresh air and sunshine. Hubby is currently taking down all of the trim in the foyer, and I guess we will get the steamer going before too long. We were hoping to be able to not have to remove the trim - it's oak, and very dear - but the previous owner hung the wallpaper and then put the trim up, and it's been far too difficult to try and get the paper off. I hate wallpaper. Soon we will have it all removed in this house, and that makes me very happy.

S completed his geography homework with a bit of fuss and tears, but after he realized that he was not going to win that battle, he was able to get down to business and complete it. I think it's the lead up to getting the work done that stresses me out the most. I realize that it is the weekend, and he wants to just play games and be a kid, but it is so important for them to realize that some work still needs to be done.

While S was doing his homework, I had put the A-man on to the task of finding his bedroom floor. You would have thought the world was coming to an end when I told him it was going to be done today, and that was it. Either he did it, or I was going to do it - didn't matter to me. He does not like me cleaning his room, because apparently I throw too many 'good things' away. You know, important things - like his bubble gum wrapper collection, and the 'twigs and sticks' collection from the back yard. Yeah, I'm a bit mean that way.

He was able to find his floor, and even get one of his dressers dusted off. I will be going in to tackle the closet in a little while, but I have to build up my courage for that. He wasn't very happy when I opened the closet doors to discover all of his clean clothes on the floor. That meant he was really going to have to put them away. Poor wee guy. It's so hard having to put away clean laundry, I know.

We are going to be celebrating Thanksgiving with hubby's parents this afternoon. Since his sister is now living in England, and his brother will be coming this way next weekend, it will just be us. That will be fine, actually. Should be a nice quiet dinner.

Well, I'm off to hang out laundry!

No comments: