Wednesday, November 7, 2007

Whining

This morning, before doing much else, I looked at my Singapore Connection's blog, and my heart dropped. No, of course this darling lady didn't do anything wrong! - but do you know that it is 29 degrees in Singapore today? 29 beautiful, wonderful, GLORIOUS degrees! And it's like that all the time!

Singapore Connection - I must tell you - it is not 29 degrees here in Ontario. It is -1, with a wind chill that takes it down to -4. And it snowed last night. Jori is not a happy girl today. Now, I know this is just the beginning, and I know the small skiff of white stuff on the deck is really not much of anything, but it's the beginning!! I hate that. Some day, I will 'winter' in Singapore. (Well, of course I wouldn't be able to come until after Christmas, because it just wouldn't seem like Christmas without snow....) Truth be told, I would be happy if it only snowed for the days leading up to Christmas, and then melted on Boxing Day.

Today is "Take your Kid to Work Day." This is done each year for all Grade 9 students. I'm not really sure of the reason behind it, but no matter. I did laugh, though, when the A-man informed me that he wasn't supposed to actually do any work. He said he was to just sit and observe, and ask questions, if necessary. Yeah, right. With my job, he would simply be watching me either talk on the phone, or type on the computer! I am putting that boy to work! Real hard tasks, too. Like opening the mail!

Ugh...just looked outside...starting to snow again.... (pouting, pouting, pouting)

1 comment:

SIG said...

Haha, I would love to have a snow white Christmas too. But if you live in the heat here, you wouldn't appreciate the heat so much. But it's more of the humidity that gets to you. Well, but I have to say that the weather is changing now. It's been raining quite a bit, and it's been lovely and cool. Very happy ;)