Thursday, November 22, 2007

Looking out my dining room window...


Truly, just smattering of snow, but today is still a snow day for the kids...no buses today. However, from all of the traffic reports on the radio, the roads are not good. (sigh) Should be a fun drive in to work today.

Okay, let's see... I tried to call the SERT yesterday to find out when the final 'kink' will be worked out of S's laptop, but I was not able to actually speak with her. I will try again today, and if I'm not successful, I will send her an email. He can still use the computer as it is, but the system won't recognize his voice, therefore he has to type everything in, rather than just talk and have the computer type the words. (This is a very good feature for either creative thinking or for very long answers.)

Received a call from the A-man's resource teacher yesterday. I made arrangements to come in and sign the paperwork she needed signed, and then talked to her about his lack of organization. (The other night, when he was looking for his script for Geography, he had tons of notes in the bottom of his backpack, and pages everywhere. It took him about 15 minutes, and 4 different areas, to find what he needed. Gee, would that be considered organized?) Anyway, she said she would do a 'binder spot check' for him during class that day, but I don't know how that will get the pages out of the bottom of his backpack... But, at least she is aware, and will continue to monitor him.

Just as we were finishing dinner last night, I got a telephone call from S's French teacher. Apparently he hasn't been behaving in the most appropriate of manners in class. Great. Hubby and I sat him down for a big discussion about what has been happening with him the last little while. It was quite insightful, truth be told. It's a long explanation, and quite windy, so I won't go in to details. Suffice it to say, we peeled the layers back and back, and back, got to the heart of the problem, and hopefully she won't have any further problems with him in class. Total conversation took almost an hour. Whew.

I'm supposed to be going out for dinner tonight with my three high-school friends, but the weather is supposed to be quite nasty further south - closer to the big city -which is where one is coming from. If the roads are really bad, I won't be doing that half-hour drive in to the city we are meeting in...nope. Guess we will have to play it by ear.

Happy Snow Day.

No comments: