Saturday, November 10, 2007

Brothers

I lay in bed this morning, for about 15 minutes, listening to the boys bantering back and forth with each other - I think they thought I was still sleeping. They always have the most interesting conversations when they don't think I can hear them, I must say. Today is a 'getting along great' kind of day, which is a heck of a lot better than the 'I hate you and everything you do or say' days.
This morning's topic of conversation - "Girls I've had a crush on." It wasn't really an enlightening conversation, truth be told, but it certainly did make me smile to just hear them actually talking to each other, having a real conversation. They are really growing up.
Boss even commented on Thursday about how much the A-man has matured since the first time he met him a few years ago. Mind you, Boss has no children, has never had a desire to have children, and really doesn't understand children, so I'm thinking it's much easier to take a 6 foot tall, 14 year old A-man verses the 4'10", 11 year old A-man all hyped-up about Halloween that he first met when I started working there.
Anyway - they were very cute to listen to. And now, they are sitting together downstairs (in their newly-cleaned-and-reorganized TV room) playing a game together. They had debated working on the puzzle the A-man and I had started last night, but S decided that he would rather let us continue to plug away at that. (He's never really been much for puzzles, but the A-man loves puzzles... I think it was nice of S to pretend to consider that option.)
I'm relieved that they are having a good day this morning. I have a fairly busy day that will actually take me out of the house for most of it, and I won't leave them when S is in a mood. Or if the A-man is, either, truth be told.
Today I am going with my Mom and a couple of friends on a Christmas house tour. It's an annual event in the beach - you buy tickets, and then get to do a self-driving, self-guided tour through houses that have been professional decorated for Christmas. It's always neat to get to see other people's homes (and trust me, they are very nice homes!) but I must say I always enjoy getting to see the new ideas for decorating! Should be gone for a couple of hours.
Then, tonight, its an annual get together with a large group of friends. I would really rather not go, since hubby won't be attending with me, but the friend that organized it has already paid for our meal, so that means I'm somewhat obligated. I may have a 'date' for the evening (waiting for a call back from him) which will be nice because then I won't be out $68 for one meal... The A-man has offered to watch my friend's daughter so that he would be able to go - his wife is away at another daughter's hockey tournament.
So, it's a good thing they are both in great moods. And I am not going to jeprodize that by asking either one of them to do any major chores today. Did that on Wednesday night when I went to my board meeting, and all hell broke loose here at home, apparently. Well, the A-man called me at my meeting, so I knew that wasn't good. S was totally calmed down after I talked to him, and when I got home shortly after 9, he'd had his bubble bath (my recommendation) and was in good spirits. Tender hooks, I tell you - we always have to deal with these two boys so carefully. If not, KABOOM.
Life is fun...

No comments: