Tuesday, November 27, 2007

No internet

One disadvantage to country living - limited availability of highspeed. We either use dial up (never again, thank you very much) or we have it through satellite. The satellite usually isn't a problem, but last night we had that big, thick heavy snow falling, and the dish must have been covered in a thick coating. No satellite last night - no internet, no TV.

Been having some email conversations back and forth with S's SERT - I think she must be getting so sick of me. Anyway - news yesterday...principal has taken a three week leave of absence - AGAIN. She was away most of last week, and now she won't be back for three weeks. Report cards were supposed to come home yesterday, but guess what? They weren't done, so they are hoping we will get them by Wednesday. Worse thing our board ever did was hire that woman. I think they realize that too, but it's probably really difficult to clear out the dead wood. (Not like us lowly parents would ever be told anything, anyway.)

I have a meeting at the school on Friday - to go over his newest report card, to meet with the French teacher (he's been having problems in that class) and to have his IPRC formally changed to recognize all of his 'exceptionalities.' His doctor wants me to have a good talk with the teachers, as he feels S's is exhibiting signs of a major stressor, and he wants me to get to the heart of things before he explodes again. I think one of the stressors has already been removed - karate - but there is something happening at school, too, the doctor insists. We will see.

The A-man is working on a Science project. I have been given a list of things I have to pick up for the project - like bristol board, that sort of thing. I will have to do that tonight on my way home from work, I guess.

Got a "venting" email from Cuz last night. Her hubby (my actual cousin...Cuz is not related by blood) has been experiencing some health issues. This is not good - he had lymphoma a few years back, so this added stress for them is not good at all. Everyone reading this - cross your fingers that he gets well SOON. The other big news - their doctor is retiring in the next few weeks, hasn't told any of his patients, and now they have to try and find a new one. (Anyone from Ontario knows that trying to find a new doctor is next to impossible, so keep your fingers crossed, please.)

And that is all for now! Gotta dash to work!

No comments: