Sunday, November 25, 2007

Updates

The busses ran on Friday. It snowed a fair bit again that day, too, but it wasn't as bad. The temperatures really dropped a lot as the day went on. It was minus 9 around 6pm, and it got quite a bit colder that evening. It's nice a sunny today (Sunday) though, and the snow is really melting quickly.


We had a surprise 40th birthday party last night. I helped another friend get all of the food ready for the gathering - but we really didn't need to make that much as were going to have a dinner prior to going over to the home. There was about 20 of us, and we went to a new steakhouse. It was very good. I had a sirloin crusted with pecans and topped with goat cheese. Hubby had the peppercorn steak. I was very full when we left there.

Today has been dedicated to getting things done around the house. We finished getting the foyer all steamed off and I will begin the priming this week, I guess. We started getting the paper off in the boy's bathroom, but there was a glitch with the steamer. Hubby has to replace the plug and then we will be able to continue. I'm rethinking the colour selection for the bathroom. The boys picked a deep, almost eggplant colour for their bathroom, but since it doesn't have windows, and isn't that big of a room, I think it may be too dark. I'm going to get them to look at the shower curtain again and maybe pick a lighter colour from it. Maybe like a yellow/green, or the bright blue! (lol....)


I'm taking the boys to see "Fred Claus" tonight. I told them that if they got certain chores done, I would reward them with that. The movie begins at 6:45, so that means we will be having a somewhat (for us) early diner. Chili is simmering...

On the day of the A-man's appointment, we did a bit of Christmas shopping. I bought something for my Dad and tried it out this morning - just to make sure it worked. It's a long story, but this is a bit of a joke gift for my Dad. Anyway, here is Abby with the 'gift'....


Had trouble with the upload...not sure if it's here or not, but going to post anyway...

No comments: