Monday, November 19, 2007

Back home

Got down to the city for the A-man's appointment with very little difficulty. Had one little snag where the road I'm sured to was under construction but we still made it on time for the appointment. Know why? I had put the appointment in my palm pilot as a 10am appointment, but it was really scheduled for 10:30! Lots of time for getting lost. I HATE the city. So glad we only have to endure it every six months or so.

In the past 6 months, he has grown almost another 2 full inches. He is now half an inch from being 6 feet tall. He's 14. The doctor told me that he has grown over 4 inches since the same time last year. (Hmm... I don't think the medication is causing any lasting effects on his growth pattern.)

After our appointment, we decided to take some time to do some Christmas shopping. Didn't get a whole lot, but I was able to pick up a few things. I had pulled out my Christmas cards yesterday and thought that it would soon be time to start writing them out, too. I'm so glad I saved all of my addresses in a label format - that is always the part of Christmas cards that I don't care for.

The A-man has to work on a drama thing, so when we got home, I suggested he do some of this homework. He spent about 15 minutes on it, then went down to watch TV. S has karate tonight, and I won't be home from 6 until 8. I guess he's going to rely on his Dad helping him record and prepare his commercial. I am NOT going to mention it to him again. Can't. It's killing me, but I will not... (arghghgghgh)

S just told me that the rest of his class has a French project, but his teacher doesn't want him to do it - because it requires a lot of reading and writing. ummm..... WHAT??! I will be making a phone call tomorrow. I don't get it...

No comments: