Wednesday, November 28, 2007

Feeling Better

S is in a great mood today. Got ready for school with no problems, and is now just waiting for me to have my shower and drive him in to school. I will have to review the events of yesterday with him as we make the 15 minute drive to school, but the comment Cuz made after reading my post has me wondering about the EA... I will have to get some big time clarification.

Last night, the A-man did some further work on his electricity project. It looks pretty good, to tell the truth. He is really starting to utilize the various features available through Word, and he even seems to realize that I do know my stuff when it comes to computers! ha ha. He asked me for help with inserting one picture in to his document, then he was able to manipulate the remainder of the information himself. I think he is planning on doing the final layout on the bristol board this evening. Wow - imagine that...it's much less stressful to do a project over a number of days, and then you don't feel pressure to complete it all at once! Finally we are getting there. I'm very proud of him.

S has a History project due next Friday. The majority of it will be an 'in school' project, but the teacher has broken down the parts she feels S can/should complete at home. (I had to ask her to do that...) He was very good yesterday afternoon to sit down and review the parts she said to do at home, and he got to work right away on the first part. He did it all (well, all of that one question) with no prompting from me. Let's just see if he will keep it up.

I have the Annual General Meeting tonight for the ADHD association. I will be doing a presentation on the past year, and I will also be presenting the new "Excellence" award. The recipient is on the board, and this is all brand new. The other board members and I had to arrange this on the sidelines so that she wouldn't be aware. After she is no longer the president of the association, the award will be named after her. She is one remarkable lady.

And, we are off to the races...

No comments: