Wednesday, November 21, 2007

Feeling a bit better

Yesterday was a very grey day for me. The weather wasn't so bad, but my mood was just in the dumps. It lasted all day long, and in to the dinner hour. Actually didn't start to lift until hubby and I shared a pre-dinner glass of wine and had a long talk about these boys of ours. It's always nice to share the burden, I suppose.

Anyway - the A-man got new wires on his braces yesterday, and now the world as we know it is coming to an end. He can't eat anything, it hurts to bite down. He can't brush his teeth - the pressure is too much, and on and on it goes. I've never had braces, so I really don't know what it feels like, but I can imagine the pain and discomfort he must have to endure, and yesterday they put on his 'final wires' plus they installed some spring-thing that will start to rotate a certain tooth, and a spacer thing between two teeth to do a slight shift of the entire area over a bit. So, yes, that poor guy has a lot happening in a very small, specific area of his body. I've been making special meals for him, making accomodations for his food - he seems to appreciate it. Good thing is that is only lasts for about 3 days, but today will be the worst one if history repeats itself.

He did not go to cadets last night. So, with the eraser of cadets and karate, three of my nights have now been freed up from all running. No more 15 minutes between arriving from work and having to leave again. No more making sure I leave work right on time. I am very disappointed in both my boys right now, however. But, as hubby and I explained to them last night over dinner - since they don't have evening activities, they will be expected to help out even more around the house. (Hubby was sure to point out that none to these 'jobs' are difficult or long.)

I don't know. I'm just FRUSTRATED.

On the upside, S got his laptop back, finally. It appears that there are still some problems with it, but hubby (the great computer geek that he is) was able to help with the majority of them. S was quite happy to get to work on his Science homework last night. I didn't even have to stay in the kitchen with him while he did it. Every now and then I would stop what I was doing and make sure he was still doing okay, but at least HE DID IT!

No comments: