Wednesday, February 6, 2008

Still out of sorts

I'm not sure if I am coming down with something, or if I'm just over-tired, but I have not been 'right' all day today.

Hubby called me at work today, to just go over any of the last minute things we need to do before we depart on our holiday. Of course, the many little things take up all kind of time, but I think I was able to get through most of them. The main thing is making sure the boys have all that they need for a week away.

I was going to go in to my Mom and Dad's tonight for a wee visit, because my mom will be leaving for her Australia trip on the day we return from Mexico, so we won't be seeing her for over a month, but the weather wasn't willing to cooperate tonight. I am going to stop there in the morning and drop off the things for the A-man, plus to leave the birthday card I made for my mom, and the Valentine's day card I made for the A-man. I made one for S, too, and hubby will deliver all of that to his mom's tomorrow morning.

I have the majority of the packing finished. I need to add in a pair of capri's, and a couple of tank-tops, and wide-brimmed hats, then I think I am packed and ready to go. Hubby wants to be on the road for about 9 am on Friday. I have a board meeting tomorrow night, so I need to make sure all the 'last minute' things are taken care of today.

I also have to keep in mind the fact that I will be unpacking and repacking within a matter of hours when I return from Mexico, so I will have to pack the suitcase for the return trip to ensure I have the things that need to be washed and dried on that Saturday. Sheesh.

Boss and I went over the conference itinerary this morning. I know know which terminal I will be flying out of, and was very releived to learn that I would not have to worry about my luggage during my lay-over in Atlanta. I've never had a lay-over before, and have no idea what is involved in that whole thing. Boss told me that it's quite easy, and actually told me that Atlanta airport is one of the best of shopping and resturants. Will be around lunch time that I will be there, so this is a good thing to know.

Have called the school to inform them of our upcoming departure - in case they have forgotten, or can't read the agenda - but I have yet to get a return phone call. Will place another call in the morning, I suppose.

I'm off to tackle some more laundry. Want to make sure I am as caught up as I can possibly be before Friday morning...

No comments: