Monday, February 25, 2008

Can it really be?

The weather has been hovering just below the freezing mark for most of the weekend. In fact, it was sunny and warm(ish) yesterday to the point that we were seeing the snow melting.

Can it really be that Spring is on its way? Glorious, beautiful Spring??!!

Yesterday during one of my frequent breaks, I found myself going through a seed catolouge. The last few years my veggie garden hasn't really been very plentiful, simply because I haven't got much in the ground at the suitable times. I think I have found the answer this year - plug packs. The seedling is already started (12 to a package), and they mail you the pack just at the right time to put them in the ground.

I am going to order these plug packs, and then I will plant my garden, and divide the remainder up with Connie, and Cuz. Cuz started a veggie garden last year, so I am sure she will be happy to use some of the tomato plants, and I think I will get some hot peppers - more for ornamental in the regular garden - but I know she will use them for hot sauce. I will start some things from seed, naturally - peas, lettuces and yellow and green beans - but the rest will either be plug packs or nothing. Okay, no that has been decided, time for the snow to skiddadle and the warm weather to arrive!

No comments: