Sunday, February 24, 2008

Slowly seeing progress

Over the past number of weeks, I have been, well, swamped at work. I come home each night, with the greatest of intentions to get this, this, and this done, and by the time I get home from work, make dinner, clean up from that, and then help the boys with their homework, yeah, I'm too darn tired to do much else.

Heck, it took me until when in January to get all the decorations away? I can't remember if I had them away before the London show, but I don't believe I did. I know they were away before February, but more than likely JUST before the month began.

This weekend I was planning on claiming back my house. Clutter be gone, was going to be the motto of the weekend. We went to buy the boys some new pants yesterday - early afternoon - and on the way home, I suddenly started to not feel too well. Hubby had been ill on Friday, and when I started to tell him how I was feeling, he told me that is what he had gone through to. Great. We got home from shopping probably around 2:30, and I went straight to bed. I stayed there until 6 or so, then tried to get up to have something to eat. I was able to do that, then had to lay back down again. Did that cycle (out of bed, in to bed) for the duration of the evening. Not quite as productive a day as I had been hoping. The kitchen had been cleaned, and that was it.

I have been moving at a very leisurely pace all day today, but as I look around, I can see progress. Furniture has been moved around - we have really had to move things around with the R-man. Firstly, everything out of my office to allow a bedroom for him. Then, the pool table was moved in - thereby creating a need to move around the boy's TV room. We now have the computer that was in my office upstairs, and have had to shift around some other things. Add to that the weeks of clutter accumulation.... yeah, it's a never ending battle. But, it is one that I am going to win!

I have finally got the furniture in the living room the way I want. Pictures have been shifted and hung up in better spots, and miracles of miracles - the dining room table is free of paper, and ready to be utilized for our Sunday night dinners again! My dad is coming over for supper tonight, and I think this will be the first time we have used the dining room probably since the New Year.

Both boys have been very helpful with getting things done today, and they both spent some quality time on their homework just after lunch. Progress - it CAN be measured in baby steps!

No comments: