Thursday, February 21, 2008

More time today

Oh, there is so much to update! I've been away for the better part of two weeks - there should be quite a bit to update, wouldn't you think?



First of all, Terso Resort and Spa in Manzanillo, Mexico is a beautiful place to visit. Hubby and I had a wonderful time, and it was just so peaceful and relaxing. Of course, it was very different from our vacation last year, because we didn't have the boys with us. May sound a bit harsh, but we really did have a much more relaxing vacation this time. We both came home very relaxed and refreshed, and next year, hubby says he wants to take two weeks (!!)


A sunset view from our balcony...
(having internet issues...will try again later...)


I think it also helped bring us closer - if that is possible. We tried to do a little bit each day - just so we would feel like we got to see the area. The first morning we went in to the closed town - called Santiago Bay. We wandered a couple of markets, had lunch at a wee restaurant, looked at the sights, and started to get our bearings. Sunday afternoon, we took a small boat cruise that stopped at a coral reef for some snorkling. Monday was our ATV adventure morning. Jori - off-road warrier!

Tuesday we went in to the city (or is is a town) of Manzanillio. Just getting there was an adverture. (You will have to ask for more details on that one, if you want to know.) Hubby got a new ring on this jaunt. It has Australian opals, and rubies and diamonds in it. The ring had to be brought up quite a number of sizes to fit hubby's finger, and the man in the store said he knew it couldn't be getting resized for a Mexican because mexican men don't have hands that big! We went back in to Manzanillio on Wednesday to pick up Hubby's ring, and I did a bit of wave advertures. Brought back a ton of sand that day...

Thursday was Valentine's Day - we poked around the small town again, and just sort of followed the shade around. Had a wonderful dinner at the al la carte that night, then danced up a storm at the disco. Friday was coming home day, and I was so sad about having to do that, but it was nice to get back home and see how the boys were.


They did just fine without us, I am happy to say. S had a bit of a problem at school on the Monday while making sock monkeys, but for the most part, it sounds like he did just fine. The A-man had no problems at all - other than no taking a hat or mitts to my Mom's house, and it was quite cold that week. Guess he will know for the future, huh? Mom brought him here to the house to gather items - I don't know why she made that long drive - I would have either made him suffer (yes, I'm mean) or more than like just gone and grabbed something at Wal-mart.


The A-man got his first semester report card back while we were away.
  • Drama - 81%
  • Geography - 81%
  • Learning Strategies - 95%
  • Science - 75%

  • Overall average - 83%

(!!) Yes, I am very proud of him. I knew he could do it - now he knows it, too.


We got home on Saturday afternoon. I did a few loads of laundry, and then we went over to friends for dinner - we were making Lithuanen "caldunia" - it's sort of like perogies, I guess. It was a nice night, but since I had to be up and on the road for 5:30 the next morning, I wasn't ready to party too much.


Sunday, I was out the driveway just before 5:30. Got to the airport in plenty of time, and we loaded the plane just before 10 am. Then we were delayed for over an hour. I missed my connecting flight in Altanta, but they were able to reschedule me with relative ease. Got to Jackson, MS around 4, and in to my hotel room for 4:30. Conference started at 6.


Got home last night - Wednesday - around 8pm. Work today was CRAZY. Have more than 4 full pages of "To Do" items - and boss left the office this afternoon around 4:30 and will be back Monday afternoon. Sheesh...

Have more to post with respect to S and his laptop, etc. - that will be done tomorrow, I think. Time for a hottub with Hubby and the A-man.

No comments: