Tuesday, February 5, 2008

Back to real life (?)

Boss and I arrived back to the office around 1pm yesterday. We unloaded the vehicle, check our emails, and after an hour, I deemed myself too tired to be of any more use, and came home. It actually worked out well for timing - hubby was still home, and we were able to do a brief update on the status of things before he went off to work for the night.

We are getting our new front windows today, so I am not going in to work. I still have to move things out of the way in both the dining room and the living room, but I thought I would take a bit of time to do a blog update first. I don't imagine the window guys will be here until at least 9:30.

S's laptop is suffering an 'error' again. It's been over a week, and it is still not fixed. This is crazy. The board needs to get more technicians for laptop repair, that much is obvious. It has been deemed essential, yet they just take their own sweet time in getting it fixed. Drives me crazy! I will be making a couple of phone calls today for sure.

Yesterday was the A-man's first day of his second semester. He has English, Math, Religion and Phys-ed. Two really tough subjects, followed by two with very little homework. A very nice mix, indeed. His religion teacher sounds like he is quite the character. I am interested to learn more about him as the days go by.

The A-man did not get his room cleaned last week. Apparently he was 'too busy' to complete the task. I told him I would do it today, and he got really upset with me. I have been assured that he will do nothing else tonight until it is done. I have agreed to stay out, at least until the end of today.

I was wrong about the timing of the window guys. They are here now. Went out to greet them, and to find out what I need to do to assist. My task - to created a two foot working space around each window. Should be interesting...

Will write more later...

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Wow, Jori. I feel out of breath just reading your blog. Sounds like you could really use that trip to Mexico. Hope you enjoy yourself to exhaustion of a different kind :-)