Saturday, February 23, 2008

An interesting concept

While I was at the conference in Jackson, I went to a seminar on "Face Reading." It's a very interesting concept, and one that I had never heard of before. Basically, she prefaced her seminar with "we are born with the face we have, but at 50, we have the face we have earned."

At first I was quite skeptical, and thinking it was quite hokey, but after she explained the concept, I was intrigued. The lady ended up "reading" the faces of 5 strangers, and when I saw the reactions of these people, I believed that what she was saying could just be true.

After the seminar, I went to ask her about the book she was selling. I asked what the price of the book was ($17.95) and she answered that, then read my face. I was shocked! She told me that the little lines on the bridge of my nose - she commented on the number of them - told her that I have a "disgustingly so" need to be a 'can do' person, and she told me that my small chin tells her that I am very hard on myself, and don't take critisism well, since "you already know everything that is wrong with you..."

I bought the book, and was using it to 'read' hubby's face. It takes a while to determine which 'shapes' match up to the person, but I can see how you could get used to it after a while. Anyway, hubby said that it seemed to be true. Of course, I know hubby's face quite well, and I know Hubby quite well, but when I read the section on the lines around his eyes, I said "No, that doesn't really describe you," and he surprised me with "Yes, it does - I just keep some things inside..."

Okay, enough for my book review and new topic of interest...

I contacted S's doctor yesterday, and we are going to go in for an appointment on March 4 to get the results of the fMRI. The doctor has requested the classroom teachers complete some information sheets prior to that appointment, too. It's only a week and a half away, but I wanted answers sooner than that - especially considering the 'silly' actions of S lately.

The A-man was VERY grouchy this morning, but I think he is getting over it now. Hubby has him helping with a dump run, and he was cranky that he has to 'work' on a weekend. Yeah, welcome to real life, buddy...

Okay, I am off to clean the house. Now that my busy time at work it done, hopefully I will be able to get the house back in to a state I can live with!

No comments: