Friday, August 29, 2008

...and off again...

I am really looking forward to a full three day weekend of some serious R&R.

We will likely cut the day short on Monday, though, just to make sure we have all the 'back to school' hoopla taken care of. That's supposed to be the nicest day of the weekend, naturally.

Just got a text from Hubby - the waterskis I purchased (and then they broke!!) have been replaced, and he also purchased new running shoes for the A-man. Two more "things to do" that I can cross of my weekend list. This is a good thing.

I am working a bit later than usual today - have some press releases, etc. that need to get out - but then I will have a couple of uninterupted hours to finish with laundry, bedmaking with clean, crisp sheets, and general household tidy before my Mom comes to pick me up.

I think I will do the big groccery shop on Monday afternoon on our way home from the cottage. This is the only good thing about living in a tourist area - all stores are still open even when it's a statutory holiday. Due to the whole listeria breakout, I am not quite sure how I will approach the whole lunchmeat issue. I think I will buy a roast and simply use my meat slicer to provide protein for the boys' lunches. No more processed meats for them. At all. EVER again.

Big shame, however, is that Cuz's son (the R-man's younger brother) works for the company that has been affected by this breakout. Still not sure if his actual plant has been affected, though, because he works strictly with chickens, not processed foods. Supposed to be seeing the R-man tonight so I hope to get more information then.

No comments: