Monday, August 25, 2008

General ramblings and such

I guess it has been a while since I did a bit of an update on here.

Hubby and I had a lovely dinner on Thursday evening. It was actually a very nice date. The new Thai place we went to had quite a selection, and I think we both found it tough to decide what to have for dinner.
After dinner, we went shopping to buy Hubby some new clothes that actually fit him, then we came home a shared a nice bottle of wine. It wasn’t a big fan fare anniversary, but it was nice to just have some quite time together.

On Friday night we went and dismantled our new (to us…) swimming pool. I took pictures as the pool was taken down so that we would be sure to reassemble it properly. Saturday morning was sunny and beautiful, and by the end of the day, all of us were quite hot and tired. While Hubby and his friend did the tamping of the sand pad, and S the A-man and I shoveled the sand and took level measurements. Between having to do the level readings, I worked on yanking out some of the weeds in my badly neglected gardens. I am pleased to report that both S and the A-man helped quite a bit with the assembly, and by the time we called it a day, the pool walls were up.
Sunday was just as warm, and after a few fits, starts, adjustments and even a few curse words now and then (bad boy Hubby), we were able to start putting water in to the pool some time around 4 or 5, I guess. This morning Hubby started putting more water in to it shortly after 7. I will continue to fill it each evening when I return home from work. We aren’t going to actually fill the pool to a usable water level – we are more or less going to winterize it and then it will be ready for official opening some time in May. Bummer that we aren’t going to get to use it this year, but I know that the water simply won’t warm up enough to justify trying to get the chemical levels proper.

Throughout the day yesterday, I did laundry and also worked on cleaning up parts of the house. Hubby's parents stopped in after church to wish Hubby and I a happy anniversary. I felt a HUGE pang of guilt when my mother in law informed me that she hasn’t seen S & me since the end of June, and it has been since May when she last saw the A-man. I know we get up to the cottage a lot in the summer, so next year I am going to have to make a very conscious effort to stop and visit MIL more often. My Mom and Dad stopped in on their way home from the cottage to check out the new pool and to wish us a happy anniversary, also.

Overall, it was a very busy weekend. I have broken two nails, I’ve got dirt embedded in my skin, I actually ripped a chunk of skin out of one finger, and I feel like I actually got some things accomplished. :o)

I’m going to be calling S’s school this afternoon to make arrangements to meet with the new principal. I’ll admit it - I am VERY worried about having a new principal. Given the BS we went through the last time we had a new one…well, I guess my trepidation is somewhat understandable. At the end of the last school year, the acting principal told me that I have nothing to fear – he assured me that this new principal is very knowledgeable and understanding in respect to the special educational system. I’m hoping I can get a meeting on Wednesday; I really need to address the EA that S had working with him last year, and the possibility of a more suitable one for him this year.

Ughh… my belly hurts just thinking about the fact that we are starting all over again. The only silver lining I have is that I'm not as concerned about the A-man. His final report card from his second semester had him with two marks in the mid 80's and two in the mid 70's. He was a little disappointed in the 70's marks - figures he should have studied a bit more for the exams. I'm still thinking I can live with that. I don't have any concerns with respect to him anymore. Thankfully.

No comments: