Thursday, August 7, 2008

Never ending

Today was another day like yesterday. The big project I had been working on yesterday was finally completed this morning, and I was able to send it off to the client and then breathe a big sigh of relief.

Next - new section of the website took up a fair bit of time; tracking down the .gif and .tifs that I needed. Starting get ahead on that.
Followed by - next outdoor event for big client. Advertising deadlines - requested the date over a month ago. Was advised today that the ad is needed tomorrow. Tomorrow??!!?? Yeah, don't think that is going to happen. Graphics guy is good - not that good. Dealt with that... and then it was lunch time....

Afternoon was pretty much a repeat of the morning - but just didn't seem as hairy. Just had a number of smaller things to finish up. Then, when I got home, I stayed on track with the declutter bug.

The yard sale on Saturday is a go, so I really had to get things hauled out. Hubby is taking advantage of this mood - I rarely feel the urge to purge. I'm borrowing a truck tomorrow afternoon, and then it's all going! I even purged the linen closet, the bookcase... early tomorrow afternoon I am going to purge the coat closets. (I know there are a number of coats in there that haven't been worn in a very, very long time.)

As I have been purging, I have also been cleaning. Well, if you were to walk in to the house right now I am sure you would have a hard time believing that I have been cleaning - there are piles of 'stuff' everywhere, but when you look at certain places, you can tell I have been there. If I could have a full day, with no interuptions, I think I would have a pretty good dent in the entire house.
Funny thing, though, is about the way I clean. It just sort of goes for being messy, to looking REALLY messy, and then suddenly, it's all clean and shiny. My best friend in high school always commented on that when she would sit in my room while I was cleaning it. We would be talking, I would slowly move my way around the room, and then suddenly before she realized it, the room was immaculate. I guess I just have my own "cleaning groove."
No matter - I like looking at the CLEAN areas. I know that it is so much better there, and there, and THERE.

The boys helped bit tonight, but most of what I was doing didn't involve their 'stuff' so I just them help me a little bit here and there. They were pretty good to help when asked.
Short work day tomorrow - they have already been warned that I will need their help tomorrow. No doubt about it.

No comments: