Monday, August 11, 2008

>:o}

I am sick. My ears hurt, my throat hurts, I can hardly take a deep breath without going in to a coughing fit. Stupid summer cold.
I even took the day off today. Slept for most of it, actually. Not sure if I will be going in tomorrow, either. Hmrphf.

We had our yard sale on the weekend. Got rid of a bunch of stuff and made a couple hundred dollars in the process. Now the task of trying to clean up the house from the purge begins. I'm slowly puttering away at it, but this cold has laid me up a wee bit, obviously. But, on the upside, I am seeing improvements.

Spoke with boss this morning and found out that the new assistant gave his notice at his current part-time job - and was offered a full time position. I'm happy for him, I guess, but I was really looking forward to working with this guy. The other person will be fine, too, I'm sure, but there was a reason he was our first pick, you know?

Yesterday Hubby and I bought a pool for the yard. It's used, but the offer that was made to us was simply too darn good to not take advantage of. The pool is 24 feet across and will be about 4 feet deep or so. Now the fun task of preparing the ground has to be tackled, and we are hoping it will all be in place and filled before Hubby and the boys go to the cottage for their last week of holidays. The boys won't be able to enjoy it too much, but I am hoping we have at least a couple of warm days in September that will let them feel like it's worth a swim. (I'm sure they will go in at least twice...)

I have to start thinking about 'back to school' shopping soon, too, I guess.

No comments: